无障碍链接

中国时间: 22:16 2016年12月03日星期六

双语新闻(2013年11月14日)


**台风蹂躏的菲律宾城镇在乱葬岗掩埋遇难者尸体**

菲律宾中部城市塔克洛班开始在乱葬岗掩埋死于台风“海燕”的数十名死难者尸体,与此同时,灾民们越来越感到绝望,他们等待着救援物资运抵灾区。

截至星期五晚间,已经证实的菲律宾风灾死亡人数为2357人,而这一数字肯定还会上升。在灾情最重的塔克洛班,很多腐烂的尸体仍在街头,或被掩埋在瓦砾堆下。

星期四,一些尸体被放入城外的一个大坑,没有举行正式仪式,也不清楚是否已对所有尸体进行辨认。

与此同时,在数十万无家可归者当中,很多人得不到足够的食物、水和其他基本生活用品。一些人依靠抢劫度日。一名灾民说,在风灾过后的六天中,他没有得到任何帮助。

联合国人道救援事务主管阿莫斯星期三视察了塔克洛班。阿莫斯表示,她对救援物资不能送到每个灾民手中感到“极度沮丧”,并承认“我们让人们失望了”。

尽管送抵灾区的救援物资正在稳定增多,由于缺少燃料以及道路被瓦砾堵塞,很多物资滞留在机场或其他地区。

美国航空母舰“乔治•华盛顿号”和其他几艘美国海军舰只驶抵灾区附近海域后,情况在星期四晚些时候有所改善。美国的舰载飞机和直升机可以向最偏远地区运送救灾物资。

Typhoon-hit Philippine Town Buries Dead in Mass Graves

A central Philippines town has begun burying dozens of its dead in mass graves, as increasingly desperate survivors of Typhoon Haiyan waited for emergency relief supplies to arrive.

The death toll from last Friday's storm now stands at 2,357, though the body count was certain to rise. In the worst-hit city of Tacloban, many rotting corpses still lay in the street or buried beneath debris.

Some of the cadavers were lowered Thursday into a large pit outside just outside the city. There was no official ceremony and it is not clear whether all of the bodies had been identified.

Meanwhile, food, water and other basic necessities were in short supply for many of the hundreds of thousands displaced. Some have turned to looting to survive. One survivor said he has not received any help, six days after the storm.

U.N. humanitarian chief Valerie Amos, who visited Tacloban Wednesday, said she is "extremely distressed" that the aid has not reached everyone in need, acknowledging "we have let people down."

Although the amount of aid material shipped to affected areas has steadily increased, much of it has sat unused at airports or other areas because of a lack of fuel and because roads are still blocked by debris.

The situation figures to improve later Thursday with the arrival of the USS George Washington aircraft carrier and several other U.S. ships, which are carrying airplanes and helicopters that can be used to reach the most remote areas.

**美国卫生部长:10月有10万人加入奥巴马医保计划**

美国卫生部说,10万美国人已经通过新医保法选择了新的医保计划。新医保法从10月1日开放医保市场。

美国卫生部长西贝利厄斯星期三说,有106185人或已购买新医保计划,或已选定新医保计划,但尚未付费。美国政府官员曾经预计,在奥巴马总统的新医保方案实施的头一个月内,会有将近50万人加入新医保计划,而目前的投保人数只是这个数目的五分之一。

白宫新闻秘书卡尼星期三承认,目前的投保人数远远少于预期。美国政府官员希望,在明年3月1日的登记最后期限之前,登记投保人数将达数百万。

The U.S. Health Secretary: 100,000 Sign Up for Obamacare Plans in October

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services says more than 100,000 Americans have chosen new health care plans through the so-called Obamacare program that opened for business October 1.

Health Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said Wednesday that as of early this month, 106,185 people had either purchased new health care plans or chosen new plans without yet paying for them. This is barely one-fifth of the nearly 500,000 people administration officials had projected would sign up in the first month of President Barack Obama's signature health care program.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney acknowledged Wednesday that the numbers fell well below expectations. Administration officials are hoping that several million people will sign up for plans before the March 31 registration deadline.
XS
SM
MD
LG