无障碍链接

中国时间: 22:13 2016年12月08日星期四

双语新闻(2014年10月2日)

  • 美国之音

2009年7月10日特勤局特工约瑟夫·克兰西(右)在奥巴马总统抵达达梵蒂冈与教宗本笃十六世会面时为总统打开车门。约瑟夫.克兰西星期三被任命为特勤局局长接替前任局长朱莉娅•皮尔森。

2009年7月10日特勤局特工约瑟夫·克兰西(右)在奥巴马总统抵达达梵蒂冈与教宗本笃十六世会面时为总统打开车门。约瑟夫.克兰西星期三被任命为特勤局局长接替前任局长朱莉娅•皮尔森。

**美国特勤局一再失职 领导换人**

负责保护总统安全的美国特勤局局长朱莉娅•皮尔森星期三突然辞职,约瑟夫.克兰西出任特勤局代理局长。

皮尔森辞职是因为特勤局接连失职,造成总统安全保护的重大疏漏。近两个星期前, 一名男子攀越白宫围栏,躲过保安,持刀闯入白宫。

白宫发言人欧内斯特星期三说: “最近和之前的一些报道对特情局的表现提出质疑。总统认为有必要更换特勤局负责人。”

闯入白宫的男子冈萨雷斯星期三在华盛顿的一家法院出庭对所受指控表示认罪。

前特勤局局长皮尔森星期三就特勤局失职问题接受国会质询。她说,“显然我们的安全计划没有适当实施, 这是不能接受的, 我对此承担全部责任。 我一定会确保此类事件不再发生。”

虽然皮尔森保证要整顿特情局,但这不足以挽救她的工作。听证会后又有报道说, 奥巴马总统九月到亚特兰大视察时,一名未获准接近总统的私人安保公司的持枪警卫居然跟总统同乘一个电梯。

美国国土安全部部长星期三任命现已退休,曾负责保护总统安全的特工约瑟夫.克兰西为特勤局代理局长。

Secret Service Chief Resigns After Serious Presidential Security Breaches

The U.S. Secret Service has a new acting director, following the abrupt resignation of the agency's director, after two major security lapses that could have put the president in danger.

Julia Pierson resigned on Wednesday, nearly two weeks after a man jumped a fence, eluded security, and entered the White House carrying a knife.

Josh Earnest, White House Press Secretary said: "Over the last several days, we've seen recent and accumulating reports raising questions about the performance of the agency. And the president concluded that new leadership of that agency was required."

The man who breached White House security (Omar Gonzalez) pleaded guilty to related charges in Washington court Wednesday.

The day before, Pierson testified before a congressional committee about the security failure. She said: "It's clear that our security plan was not properly executed. This is unacceptable and I take full responsibility. And I will make sure that is does not happen again."
Pierson's promise to fix the service's shortcomings was not enough to save her job, after it was also revealed President Obama unknowingly shared an elevator in Atlanta last month with armed guard not authorized to be around him

The Homeland Security chief Jeh Johnson has named retired special agent, Joseph Clancy, as acting Secret Service Director, in charge of presidential protection.


**德州州长:有儿童曾经和埃博拉患者接触**

德克萨斯州州长佩里说,卫生官员正在观察与美国第一例确诊埃博拉病人托马斯•邓肯有过接触的18个人,其中至少有5名学童。

把邓肯送进医院的急救人员接受埃博拉病毒检测的结果呈阴性。

邓肯9月20日回到美国之后所接触过的人,都将接受观察至少21天。但是官员们表示,还没有其它疑似病例。纽约大学医疗中心的詹妮弗•菲舍尔医生,美国每家医院都需要做好准备。但目前埃博拉对公众并不构成威胁。

从利比里亚返回美国的邓肯,现在在达拉斯一家医院被隔离。星期三,他的病情仍然严重,但是病情稳定。

目前对埃博拉疾病还没有有效的治疗方法。不过一名被确诊患有埃博拉的美国医生今年8月接受一种试验药物的治疗之后,已经消除了埃博拉症状。

Texas Governor Says Children Had Contact with Ebola Patient

Texas Governor Rick Perry says health officials are keeping watch on as many as 18 people who came in contact with Thomas Eric Duncan, the first patient to be diagnosed with Ebola in the United States.

Ambulance workers who brought Duncan to the hospital have tested negative.

Those with whom he had contact since arriving in the United States on September 20 will be monitored for at least 21 days. But officials say no other cases are suspected.

Jennifer Fisher, New York University Langone Medical Center, said: "Every hospital in the United States needs to be prepared. It is possible that there will be more cases in the U.S., but again, there is no risk to the general public."

Duncan, who arrived in the United States from Liberia, is in isolation in a Dallas hospital. He was listed as serious but stable condition Wednesday.

There is no specific treatment, but an American doctor diagnosed with the virus was found to be Ebola-free after taking an experimental drug in August.

XS
SM
MD
LG