由15个国家组成的安理会星期二召开紧急会议后不久发表一致声明称，平壤星期一发射的三枚“ 芦洞 “导弹”严重违反了一系列安理会决议规定的朝鲜所需履行的国际义务”。这三枚导弹飞行了一千多公里，最后落入日本的防空识别区。
UN Security Council Denounces N. Korean Missile Launches
The U.N. Security Council has swiftly and strongly condemned North Korea’s latest ballistic missile launches and threatened to take “further significant measures” if necessary.
The 15-nation council agreed on the statement Tuesday, just hours after it met in emergency session. It unanimously said Pyongyang’s launches on Monday of three Rodong missiles that traveled 1,000 kilometers before landing in Japan’s air defense identification zone were “a grave violation of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea’s international obligations” under a series of Security Council resolutions.
“The members of the Security Council deplore all the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea’s ballistic missile activities, including these launches,” said New Zealand’s Ambassador Gerard van Bohemen, who is president of the council this month. Such activities "contribute to the DPRK’s development of nuclear weapons delivery systems, and they raise tension.”
The council’s swift agreement on the statement could be a sign of Beijing’s growing frustration with its rogue ally. This week’s launches notably occurred while China was hosting world leaders at the G-20 summit.
Council members warned North Korea to “refrain from further actions, including nuclear tests, in violation of the relevant Security Council resolutions," and to comply fully with Pyongyang's obligations under those resolutions. The council ordered the committee that oversees sanctions to intensify its work to enforce those measures and urged states to redouble their efforts to implement measures laid out in council resolutions.
The council met Tuesday behind closed doors at the urgent request of the U.S., Japan and South Korea. Earlier Tuesday, President Barack Obama and South Korean President Park Geun-hye met on the sidelines of the ASEAN summit in Laos. Park called the missile tests "fundamentally threatening." Obama said they were "provocative."
Trump: Americans Cannot Risk a Flow of Refugees
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Tuesday that the American people have "big hearts" but cannot "take the risk of refugees."
Trump answered questions before a primarily pro-military crowd in Virginia Beach, Virginia with retired General Michael Flynn, a strong Trump supporter, doing the asking.
Trump said the U.S. could not allow thousands of refugees from the Mideast and South Asia into the country until it knew "what's going on."
He said migrants had been a disaster for Germany and France, because of an increase in crime. But German police have said the numbers of crimes committed by Syrians, Afghans and Iraqis are much lower than acts committed by other groups seeking asylum.
Trump accused Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton of wanting a 500 percent increase in the number of migrants allowed to enter the country, calling it "unacceptable," and said Clinton and President Barack Obama wanted to treat illegal immigrants better than U.S. military veterans.
He said the nuclear deal Iran signed with the United States and five other world powers turned Iran itself into a "world power" overnight.
He assailed Secretary of State John Kerry for negotiating what he called a "dumb" deal, and said that thanks to what he called incompetence by Obama and Clinton, Iran and Islamic State militants would share Iraq's oil.
Appearing in Tampa, Florida, Clinton said it was Trump who had turned his back on U.S. service members, calling his campaign "one long insult" to those who have worn the uniform to protect American values.
She said Trump-owned companies had fired veterans who took time off to fulfill their military obligations. And she reminded voters of his public feud with the parents of a Muslim-American soldier killed by a suicide bomber in Iraq.