无障碍链接

中国时间: 05:49 2016年12月04日星期日

双语新闻 (2014年8月7日)

  • 美国之音

**两名前红色高棉领导人被判终身监禁**

两名年迈的前红色高棉领导人被判定反人类罪名成立,并被判处终身监禁。35年前,共产主义组织红色高棉的血腥统治造成柬埔寨将近四分之一人口死亡。

联合国支持的法庭星期四判定83岁的前红色高棉国家元首乔森潘和88岁的前红色高棉意识形态首脑农谢的谋杀、政治迫害以及其他非人道行为罪名成立。

在首席法官尼嫩宣读法庭判决时,乔森潘和农谢表情平静。

乔森潘和农谢是目前还在世的前红色高棉最高级官员。他们否认有任何不当行为,声称他们或者对有关罪行并不了解,或者没有权力加以阻止。

法庭驳回了他们的申辩。法庭指出,乔森潘身为国家元首,意味着他了解柬共的政策。法庭还发现,农谢在柬共内部行使“最终决定权”。

乔森潘和农谢的律师说,他们将提出上诉。但法官们说,鉴于罪行严重,两名被告将继续收监。

乔森潘和农谢的案子与数百万柬埔寨人1975年被迫离开金边去农村劳动营有关。从上周开始的第二阶段审判的重点是包括种族灭绝在内的其他指控。
在1975年至1979年红色高棉统治期间,多达200万柬埔寨人死于饥饿、过度工作和处决。红色高棉试图建立一个社会主义乌托邦。

Khmer Rouge Leaders Sentenced to Life in Prison for Crimes Against Humanity

Two aging Khmer Rouge leaders have been convicted of crimes against humanity and sentenced to life in prison, three-and-a-half decades after the communist group's bloody rule left nearly a quarter of the Cambodian population dead.

A United Nations-backed tribunal ruled Thursday 83-year-old ex-head of state Khieu Samphan and 88-year-old former chief ideologue Nuon Chea were guilty of murder, political persecution and other inhumane acts.

Neither showed any emotion as chief judge Nil Nonn read the court's decision.

The men, who are the two most senior living Khmer Rouge ex-officials, denied any wrongdoing, saying they either did not know about the crimes or had no power to stop them.

The court rejected this argument. It said Khieu Samphan's position as head of state meant he was aware of the policy of the Communist Party of Kampuchea. It also found Nuon Chea exercised "ultimate decision-making" in the party."

Lawyers for both men say they will appeal the rulings. But judges say the two will remain jailed because of the gravity of the crimes.

The current case against the two leaders relates to the 1975 forced expulsion of millions of Cambodians from Phnom Penh to rural working camps. A second phase of the tribunal, which began last week, focuses on other charges, including genocide.

**以色列哈马斯继续在开罗谈判**

以色列和哈马斯星期四继续在开罗举行直接谈判,此时离加沙地带72小时停火期满还有不到一天时间。

双方之间看来存在很大分歧,但曾表示愿意延长人道停火。此次停火使持续四周的战斗告一段落。

以色列官员曾经表示愿意单方面延长停火,但哈马斯代表否认双方就此达成任何协议。

美国总统奥巴马星期四在华盛顿举行的非洲首脑会议上发表演讲时说,他支持埃及斡旋的谈判,并表示找到一个更持久地解决问题的途径很重要。

奥巴马重申,以色列有权保护本国免遭哈马斯火箭弹及越界地道袭击。他还表示自己不同情哈马斯。美国和以色列将哈马斯视为恐怖主义组织。

哈马斯寻求结束以色列和埃及对加沙地带的长期封锁。封锁导致广泛的失业,加沙地带大多数居民不得不依赖救济食品,而且他们不得离开加沙地带。

以色列说,除非哈马斯保证解除武装和不输入武器,否则以色列就不会放松对加沙地带的封锁。

Israel, Hamas Talks Continue Talks in Cairo

Israel and Hamas continue indirect talks in Cairo on Thursday, with less than a day remaining before the expiration of a 72-hour cease-fire in the Gaza Strip.

Both sides appeared to be far apart on the issues, but have suggested they are willing to extend the humanitarian truce, which ended four weeks of fighting.

Israeli officials have said they are willing to extend the cease-fire unilaterally, but Hamas representatives have denied that any agreement is in place.

Speaking Wednesday at a summit of African leaders in Washington, U.S. President Barack Obama threw his support behind the Egypt-brokered talks, saying it is important to find a more sustainable solution.

Mr. Obama repeated his position that Israel has a right to defend itself from Hamas rockets and cross-border tunnels. He also said he has "no sympathy" for Hamas, which the U.S. and Israel regard as a terror group.

Hamas is seeking an end to a longstanding Israeli and Egyptian blockade that has led to widespread unemployment, forced a majority of Gazans to rely on food aid, and kept them from traveling outside the enclave.

Israel says it will not loosen its restrictions on Gaza unless it receives assurances that Hamas is disarmed and unable to import weapons.

XS
SM
MD
LG